Perhaps not to be is to be without your being
Thursday, June 2, 2011
  Dedicated to my 12 year old self: The long and winding road


So when I was around the age of 12 or 13, I was a huge fan of The Beatles.  It was undoubtedly a massive step up from earlier days; Ace of Base was the first CD I remember owning.  Although I like to think of this as a momentary lapse in musical judgement.  I was the child who was thrilled to discover Phil Collins and Genesis. I recall mild embarrassment as my parents informed me that, no this was not a new band, yes he had been around for quite sometime, and of course they were most certainly away of his existence. Ah, sweet blissful youth.  I say all this to let you know that I've always been a bit of an odd bird. A march to your own drummer kind of gal. Coloring a bit outside the lines.  

And yet somehow.....
I've met a man. This man. Sitting in this photograph, smiling. With me. Which when I was 12 or 13, rockin' out to The White Album, I never thought would happen, not in a million years. However. This will not be a sappy blog, overwrought with cliches (I hope). I will not beat the dead horse, quote Shakespeare, speak only of my better half. I will speak of me, where I am, where I would like to go, and what inspires me to keep on fighting the good fight (already I've broken my promise to keep this a cliche free zone, darn the luck!).  You inspire me, whomever you are. So thank you. e


 
Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
A love letter to you; A love letter to myself

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
Archives
June 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]